Better Life – Educating & Keeping Children Safe - Helambu
Indsatsen vedrører følgende verdensmål:
- Mål 1: Afskaf fattigdom
- Mål 4: Kvalitetsuddannelse
- Mål 5: Ligestilling mellem kønnene
- Mål 16: Fred, retfærdighed og stærke institutioner
- Mål 17: Partnerskaber for handling
Indsatsen foregår i følgende lande:
- Just Nepal Foundation
Overordnede mål :
The overall objective of this intervention is to ensure that communities in Helambu Municipality are safe areas for children, where they have access to inclusive and equitable quality education
Umiddelbare mål :
The are three immediate objectives; 1) By the end of the project, parents and community stakeholders of 34 school catchment areas are mobilized and have taken ownership of their local schools. 2) By the end of the project, all 34 schools in Helambu know how to promote inclusive learning cultures. Teachers have acquired the necessary pedagogical tools to teach diverse classrooms. 3) By the end of the project, all secondary schools in Helambu will have introduced the teaching of math, science, environment studies and social studies using “Information and Communication Technology”.
• Children of 34 schools • Parents •Schoolteachers •Students who have dropped out of school and children who have never enrolled in their local school. • Local government, ward and municipality members • And at national level - political decision makers, civil society, INGOs and NGOs who work in the field of child protection, education and health.
The overall objective of this intervention is to ensure that communities in Helambu Municipality of Sindhupalchowk district in Nepal are safe areas for children where they have access to inclusive and equitable quality education. An area of Nepal emerging from a series of crippling events, a hot spot under the civil war and hardest hit by the devastation earthquake of 2015. The area has one of the highest rates of human trafficking and youth migration in the country. Their schools are rebuilt but they are stigmatized “The Schools for the Poor”. Few take pride in these schools, all want to attend English speaking schools away from the village. The bonds between local communities and schools are weak. This project takes a Total School Approach, it works with communities, schools and newly elected municipality to address child protection and education. It works with hands- on support, addressing the roots of local concerns. It facilitates the establishment of collaborate relationships.