Strengthening the Voice and Capacity of Vulnerable Ethnic Minority Farmers in Climate Resilience in Northwest Vietnam (VOF)
Indsatsen vedrører følgende verdensmål:
- Mål 1: Afskaf fattigdom
- Mål 2: Stop sult
- Mål 10: Mindre ulighed
- Mål 11: Bæredygtige byer og lokalsamfund
- Mål 13: Klimaindsats
- Mål 15: Livet på land
- Mål 16: Fred, retfærdighed og stærke institutioner
- Mål 17: Partnerskaber for handling
Indsatsen foregår i følgende lande:
- Center for People and Nature Reconciliation
Overordnede mål :
The resilience of vulnerable ethnic minorities to climate change in Northwest Vietnam has been strengthened through the promotion of climate-smart agriculture and their participation in the decision-making process.
Umiddelbare mål :
1. On 31 December 2030, at least 4 out of 6 farmer responsive groups (FRG) and 2 local NGO partners are increasingly influencing local and national decision making on rural development 2. On 31 December 2030, 6 climate-smart agricultural villages for demonstration and advocacy purposes have been established in Son La and Lai Chau provinces and at least 70 % of the 5.000 participating families in the two provinces have increased their income with at least 40 % from sale of PGS certified agricultural products 3. At the end of the project, results and achievements have been recognized by provincial authorities of the target area, broadly shared and discussed for upscaling at national level at different venuesin the Lower Mekong sub-region
The primary target group is poor and marginalised groups including ethnic minority farmers. There is a special focus on female farmers. The secondary target group are the sub-partners.
The proposed intervention is to strengthen the voice and capacity of vulnerable ethnic minority farmers in climate resilience in Northwest Vietnam. The strategy has been refined into a holistic approach ensuring lasting improvements in living conditions, higher chances for participation and securing of equal opportunities for ethnic minority communities in the Northwest of Vietnam. The objective is: "The resilience of vulnerable ethnic minorities to climate change in Northwest Vietnam have been strengthened through the promotion of climate-smart agriculture and their participation in the decision-making process." The immediate objectives are to well-inform community farmer organizations and jointly engage in local decision-making processes, and all farmers should be able to effectively apply locally adapted CSA and profit from increased collaboration and partnerships with governmental and private actors. Results should be recognized by provincial authorities and shared and discussed at national and international level and venues in the Lower Mekong sub-region.