Family Empowerment project - Follow up activities
Seniorer uden Grænser
Indsatsen vedrører følgende verdensmål:
- Mål 1: Afskaf fattigdom
- Mål 5: Ligestilling mellem kønnene
- Mål 8: Anstændige jobs og økonomisk vækst
- Mål 10: Mindre ulighed
Indsatsen foregår i følgende lande:
- Karunalaya social service society
Overordnede mål :
Strenghten Women's Association (WA) and the leaderrship of WA including strenghten the focus on economic self-reliance for the women and thus futher strenghen the sustainanbility of WA.
Umiddelbare mål :
* Strenghten the leadership of the SHG's and ToT women. * Train more ToT women. * Strenghten the work in 10 SHG's established in the previous project and still solve serious family problems.
* 50 SGH women/groupleaders from the previous projects and 50 new women will be trained as group leaders. * 100 SGH women organized in 10 groups established in the previous project will be trained to run the groups more effectively. * 25 couples with serious couple problems will be trained to solve better couple problems. .
The indian partner organization is Karunalaya, that is a non-profit and human organization, who works in the big slum areas in the northern part of Chennai. This project is a follow up project - a continuation and a completion of 3 previous projects, which have empowered and organized more than 1000 women in Women's Association (WA), treated more than 200 men for alcohol abuse, empowered more than 600 adolecent and young boys, conducted many awareness activities in the areas and conducted many advocacy activities against the local authorities. 35 ToT women were trained to continue the work in regi of WA and 30 ToT men were trained to continue to organize and support new men. Here 1½ year after the end of the previous project it has been clear that there is a need for more leadership training for part of the SHG' leaders and ToT women, there is a need to train more ToT women, there is a need for follow up training for some SGH's, and there is a need to develop methods and solve some couple and family problems, which is the objectives for the new project.