Facilitating Youth Ambassadors of Peace in the Eastern Europe Neighbourhood and Caucasus regions
Indsatsen vedrører følgende verdensmål:
- Mål 1: Afskaf fattigdom
- Mål 4: Kvalitetsuddannelse
- Mål 5: Ligestilling mellem kønnene
- Mål 10: Mindre ulighed
- Mål 16: Fred, retfærdighed og stærke institutioner
Indsatsen foregår i følgende lande:
- "MilleniuM" Training and Development Institute
- Academy for Peace and Development
- All-Ukrainian Association for Youth Cooperation Alternative-V
- Analytical Centre on Globalization and Regional Cooperation
Overordnede mål :
To contribute to a bottom-up, youth-to-youth approach to peace-building by strengthening the role of young people and youth related CSO networks to be vigilant democratically aware, and socially responsible peace ambassadors, capable of building bridges to peaceful conflict resolution among the Eastern Europe neighborhood and Caucasus regions.
Umiddelbare mål :
1. To empower at least 200 young people from Armenia, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine to become peace ambassadors, capable of contributing to peace building at the local, national, and regional levels. 2. To mobilize, facilitate and capacitate other youth related CSOs, schools & policy environment, to be aware of, and further the empowerment of youth in Armenia, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine, to become peace ambassadors, able to support peace efforts at all levels. 3. To compile, validate, regionalize, and increase the utilization of better practices and success stories (toolbox/tool-kit) about peace building tools and initiatives in the region, as a way of supporting the already existing resources for cultivating a culture of peace and non-violent conflict resolution and transformation.
This project targets many different participants at different levels, dependent on the objective and activity in focus. Nevertheless, the people who will be directly involved in the project and affected by the immediate outputs form the primary target group. These include the following: - Up to 20 directly involved staff and trainers from the 4 cooperating partner organizations in Armenia, Moldova, Ukraine and Georgia - The 200 youths that will be trained as Ambassadors of peace across Armenia, Moldova, Georgia and Ukraine - The 100 youths from Ukraine and Georgia (that were already part of the earlier project) that will be part of this project through the online exchanges and network activities across the new project. - The 120 CSO representatives that will be trained under the project in relation to youth mobilization and voluntarism/volunteer mobilization & management (3 sessions per country, 2 days each) - The 120 Teachers (school representatives) that will be trained in non-formal training methods around Conflict resolution/ and mediation methods, Non-violent communication and Dialogue for peace methods, in approaches to civic education (active citizenship, participation and involvement in decision making processes) and anti-bullying. - The 30 students from Armenia, Moldova, Ukraine, Georgia and Denmark that will be part of the international work camp held under the project to bring representative youths from the different countries to learn together and share/exchange experiences. - At least 4000 students from participating schools that will be reachable through their peers that are taking part in the project, and through student projects under the project. - At least 360 CSO workers that will be directly reached by the 120 CSO representatives trained under project - At least 600 Teachers that will be directly reached by the 120 school representatives trained under the project The secondary target group of the project will involve the general population of all participating countries. These will benefit from the project objectives indirectly – through either having increased peaceful resolutions mechanisms to local conflicts, or through more peaceful thinking youths that will contribute to a peaceful society. A further segment of these will be also indirectly reached through the 40 mini student projects planned during the project.
Projektet har til formål at facilitere processer, der fremmer og opretholder ikkevoldelige konfliktløsningsmekanismer i Østeuropa og Kaukasus ved at; (i) empower kritiske og demokratibevidste fredsambassadører til at lede udvikling. (ii) Mobilisere lokale civilsamfundsorganisationer, skoler og det politiske miljø for at styrke indsatsen for at empower unge. (iii) indsamling, validering og regionalisering af bedste praksis og succeshistorier Projektet har sin baggrund i, at mange af regionens lande i mange år har haft gentagne voldelige konflikter, der har snesevis og langvarige følgevirkninger disse landes og lokalsamfunds udvikling og trivsel. Unge er særligt store ofre i disse konflikter og derfor også den rigtige målgruppe til at lede forandring. Projektet vil tage form af netværksaktiviteter, forskellige kurser, udveksling, ikke-formel læring samt lobby og fortalervirksomhed. Projektet vil blive specifikt implementeret i Armenien, Moldova, Ukraine og Georgien.