Student Leadership for Change (SL4C)
Indsatsen vedrører følgende verdensmål:
- Mål 4: Kvalitetsuddannelse
- Mål 5: Ligestilling mellem kønnene
- Mål 8: Anstændige jobs og økonomisk vækst
Indsatsen foregår i følgende lande:
- Civil Society and Institutional Foundation (CSIF) – Ghana
Overordnede mål :
The overall objective of the SL4C is to strengthen the voice of students to take part in the governance of education to ensure quality, access, and relevance of education to the changing societal needs.
Umiddelbare mål :
1. To strengthen the institutional structures of the National Union of Ghana Students (NUGS) with strategies and policies to become resilient and strong advocating for students’ welfare in Ghana. 2. To build the capacity of 535 student leaders of the three universities of Northern Ghana to speak up and advocate for increased students’ voices in the respective institutions. 3. To build the capacity of 1000 graduates with innovative job search strategies and ideas for self-employment to increase graduate employment opportunities. 4. To strengthen the capacity of CSIF and AfriCAN to become resilient and serve as catalysts for increased civic engagements globally.
Young people: Student leaders of three universities in Northern Ghana and the sekretariat of the National Union of Ghana Students (NUGS). In all 1,560 direct beneficiaaries are tagetted. Out of this 771 males and 789 females.
The SL4C project builds on the experiences of the Student Union Empowerment (SUE) Project to strengthen the National Union of Ghana Students (NUGS) and Local Student Representative Council (SRC) structures of three universities in Northern Ghana to take active part in promotining quality education that is responsive to labour market needs. The SL4C recognises the agency of youth as engine of growth and future leaders in Ghana. The project has three main focus areas; building the capacity of student leaders, building on synergies between state, civil society, private sector and academia to develop a graduate employment model capable of addressing the high graduate unemployment in Ghana. The last component is to position NUGS as a key stakeholder in education, youth and national development processes.